Here are the two books I read last month that are on my 2014 reading list.
- Start Here: Doing Hard Things Right Where You Are by Alex and Brett Harris. I really enjoyed the Harris' brothers first book Do Hard Things; I had my 13-year-old daughter read it this past summer. This is a follow-up to that book and gives practical ideas for teenagers to begin serving God now. I didn't think it was quite as good as the first book, but still encouraging and challenging. I'll be having my daughters read it as well.
- Teaching to Change Lives: Seven Proven Ways to Make Your Teaching Come Alive by Dr. Howard Hendricks. If you are a teacher in any type of setting, this would be a helpful book to read.
These are the books I read that were not on my list.
- Disciplines of the Beautiful Woman by Anne Ortlund
- The Replacement by Susan Wales and Robin Shope. This was the sequel to The Chase, my fiction read in September. I preferred the first book, but this one held my interest fairly well.
- The Strong-Willed Child by Dr. James Dobson. I read this book years ago, but wanted to refresh my memory on the principles he laid out for parents.
What have you been reading lately?