Monday, June 7, 2010

Cajun Chicken Pasta

I've mentioned before that almost any pasta meal is a family favorite at our house. I have a difficult time making enough of this Cajun Chicken Pasta to keep everyone happy. The girls even gobble it up as leftovers! It's one of my favorites, not just for how great it tastes, but because it goes together quickly in the crock pot. I originally found this recipe in one of Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade cookbooks and then adapted it for our tastes.

Cajun Chicken Pasta

1 lb boneless, skinlesss chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces.
16 oz jar Alfredo pasta sauce
14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes, drained
1 tsp cajun seasoning
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper, optional
1 lb bowtie pasta

In crockpot, stir all ingredients, except pasta, until combined. Cook on low 3-4 hours. Cook pasta as directed on package. Serve sauce over pasta.

To increase the spiciness of this dish, you can add a small can of chopped green chiles and/or increase the amount of cajun seasoning.

Originally posted on March 18, 2009.

7 comments:

  1. This sounds fantastic! Do you have a cajun seasoning that you prefer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I currently use Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning (got it at Walmart, I believe). I like it because it's got a kick but doesn't blow your taste buds away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love pasta and we love Cajun.....so we're definitely going to have to try this one! Sounds delicious!
    Elaine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for posting this on Crock Pot Wednesday. I am anxious to try it. We love spicy and pasta at our house. I have just made a big batch of Emeril's Bayou Blast, so I think I may give it a try in this. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! This dish sounds wonderful. I want to try it out - maybe this weekend. I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ~ sounds delicious!! I love learning of new crockpot recipes....will bookmark this one! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! This sounds scrumptious!! :D

    Thank you for sharing!
    Have a great day!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing your comments and welcome your questions and suggestions. Thanks for visiting my blog!