Monday, July 27, 2009

Diane's Pasta Salad

This is a nice, refreshing pasta salad, perfect to serve on these hot summer days. It is also one of my eight-year-old's favorite foods! This particular recipe was given to my mom by a friend and then passed on to me.

Diane's Pasta Salad

1 lb macaroni or rotelle pasta, cooked al dente and drained
6-8 roma tomatoes, sliced
2 cucumbers, sliced
1 green pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped

Combine above ingredients in large bowl.

Dressing

1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
2 tsp mustard
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp vinegar

Combine dressing ingredients and pour over pasta salad mixture. Chill before serving.

Find more recipes at Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap, Food on Fridays and Family Recipe Fridays.

12 comments:

  1. This does sound great for summer! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I can almost make this for free since I am growing all of the veggies in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pasta salads! I will try it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really good. The dressing is a little different from most pasta salads. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GREAT!!! summertime recipe. I love pasta salads. THANKS!!! Geri

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds yummy and easy! I am going to try it.
    Thanks!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm! Your pasta recipe looks delicious! I love that you use lots of veggies in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good for outdoor entertaining. This week I did White Sangria. Hope you'll link up over at Momtrends Friday Feasts:

    http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2009/07/fridays-feasts-white-sangria.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Summer pasta salads! What can be better than that?! I know anything chocolate! But remove the chocolate desire and pasta salads are the bomb.

    Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for sharing at Food on Fridays.

    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT!!! summer salad for a family get together. THANKS!!! for the recipe. Geri

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dressing for your pasta salad is different than anything I've tried....definitely going to make this....it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Easy, fresh, healthy, and delicious. That's what it sounds like to me! I hope I have those key ingredients out in the garden, because it sounds like a yummy lunch. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing your comments and welcome your questions and suggestions. Thanks for visiting my blog!