Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Longsuffering

I recently heard someone say that longsuffering relates to how you deal with people while patience is how you deal with things or circumstances.

How interesting that I should be writing on this particular fruit of the Spirit today. Longsuffering is not what I displayed earlier this week when finding that the girls had purposely covered themselves with mud while playing outside. Admittedly, the consequence they received of having to clean themselves up was just, but my attitude toward the situation could have been much better.

As wives and mothers, the opportunities to display longsuffering and patience before our families are many. God is so longsuffering with me and I pray that I will continue to grow in this area, allowing Him to work a work in me.

Colossians 3:12-13 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye."

"Patience is the companion of wisdom" - Saint Augustine

"Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.” - Barbara Johnson

"Regardless of how much patience we have, we would prefer never to use any of it." - James T. O'Brien

"Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you, but not in one ahead." - Bill McGlashen

photo courtesy public domain pictures

1 comment:

  1. Amen. James 1 Let patience have her work that you may perfect and entire wanting nothing.

    God Bless and thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing your comments and welcome your questions and suggestions. Thanks for visiting my blog!