Spring is coming.
While we will certainly have a winter relapse, this week is predicted to be spring-like, with warmer temperatures and abundant sunshine. Though it may be too early for me to spot most signs of spring, I hope to notice some of my favorite sights and sounds of the season - the whirring of the vacuum cleaner, the soft swish of a dust rag across the blinds, the smell of pine-scented cleaner.
Yes, I think spring cleaning fever has arrived!
As I prepare to do some major house cleaning and reorganization, I'm reminded that there are several different cleaning "personalities." See if you recognize your personal style in one of these.
- Whirlwind Wilma whips through the entire house and is completely done in three hours.
- Distracted Diane starts, stops, starts, stops, starts again. She is well-intentioned and begins with a will, but then comes across a stray photo album or a file folder of old papers and pauses for a stroll down memory lane.
- Methodical Mollie has a schedule; she tackles one room a day and does each task in the same order and in an identical manner every single time.
- Urgent Ursula determines what area needs the most attention, gives it a lick and a promise, and moves on to more exciting parts of her day.
- Thorough Theresa devotes an entire day to cleaning the house from top to bottom. She is meticulous and takes her time; no speck of dust escapes her watchful eye.
Do you recognize yourself on this list? Are you brave enough to share your cleaning style with us???
photo courtesy public domain pictures