I guess that getting back into the routine of school helped me read more books in August! Reading six books was a definite improvement over the last couple of months.
Here's what I read in August.
- When You Rise Up: A Covenantal Approach to Homeschooling by R.C. Sproul, Jr.
- The Pursuit of Godly Seed by Denny Kenaston. This was actually my second time reading this book. I want to re-read some of my favorite parenting books so that I can continue to learn and benefit from them.
- A Woman's Civil War: A Diary, with Reminiscences of the War by Cornelia Peake McDonald. My mom gave me this book, which she'd already read. I found it compelling to read the actual writings of a woman who lived through the Civil War and to see how the war and its aftermath affected her.
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. I think I've now read all of Jane Austen's books.
- The Life of Abraham Lincoln by Henry Ketcham.
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier by Ree Drummond. I checked this book out of the library mainly for its gorgeous food photos, but I may actually try making a few of the recipes.
I began reading Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes to our girls as one of our bedtime read alouds. I've never read this classic before, but we're all thoroughly enjoying it!
What have you been reading lately?