Friday, January 4, 2013
Reading List for 2013
As I began making a list of the books I'd like to read this year, I tried to balance the type of books I'm reading. I want to focus on those that will help me grow spiritually, as a wife, as a mother, and as a person.
I certainly plan to read more than these twenty books. I tend to peruse the books on the "new non-fiction" shelves at the library and look for recommendations from other bloggers. You'll also note that there are no fiction titles included, but I'm sure I'll be reading those from time to time.
Here's the list of books I plan to read in 2013. A couple of them are books that I'm reading for the second or third time.
1. Evidence Not Seen: A Woman's Miraculous Faith in a Japanese Prison during WWII by Darlene Deibler Rose
2. The Normal Christian Life by Watchman Nee
3. Concerning Christian Liberty by Martin Luther
4. Lord, Teach Us to Pray by Andrew Murray
5. The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit by R.A. Torrey
6. Finding God's Path Through Your Trials : His Help for Every Difficulty You Face by Elizabeth George
7. Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss
8. One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp
9. The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
10. His Needs, Her Needs by Willard F. Harley, Jr.
11. Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas
12. For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn
13. The 10 Habits of Happy Mothers: Reclaiming Our Passion, Purpose, and Sanity by Dr. Meg Meeker
14. How to Be Close to Your Children by Dr. Jeff Fugate
15. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey
16. The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John C. Maxwell
17. Autobiography of Andrew Carnegie
18. The Journals of Jim Elliot
19. All the Money in the World : What the Happiest People Know about Getting and Spending
by Laura Vanderkam
20. Elsie: Adventures of an Arizona Schoolteacher 1913-1916 Memoirs Compiled by Barbara Anne Waite
If you have any books to recommend for my list, please let me know!
If you'd like to receive new posts from Girls to Grow by e-mail, sign up here.