As I see "middle age" on the horizon, I'm realizing that there are some things that will never happen again.
I will never...
- fit into a certain, smaller size of clothing. Ever.
- have my hair naturally grow in blond...or even brown.
- be able to read fine print without either strong light, holding the page at arm's length...or wearing glasses (haven't caved to those yet!)
- stay up all night and not pay the consequences for days.
- ride roller coasters that have loops and go upside down.
- eat a large piece of cheesecake late at night and go to bed feeling anything but sick.
However, while recognizing that increasing age brings with it a few limitations, I'm thankful there's still plenty that I can do.
- cherish my husband and the love that's grown between us in twenty-one years of marriage.
- enjoy having children who can dress, feed, and entertain themselves.
- plan new adventures with my family while recalling with fondness all we've done together thus far.
- continue to challenge myself mentally, perhaps even physically...occasionally.
- be thankful for my good health.
- choose to use this time I've been given wisely.
Yes, this few-pounds-heavier, highlighted-hairdo, and early-to-bed lifestyle has its fair share of compensations!