I thought I might have time to read more books than this in April, but it didn't happen.
Here are the books I did read that are on my 2014 reading list.
- Sacred Parenting: How Raising Children Shapes Our Souls by Gary L. Thomas. I appreciated the way this book approached parenting. Much like how he handled marriage in his book Sacred Marriage, the author talks about how parenting changes us - for the better! - more than it does our children.
- The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller
- The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie O'Martian. This was a re-read, but I always find it full of helpful reminders of how to best pray for my husband.
- The Life of Charles Finney
Other books I read that were not on my list were as follows:
- Kitchen Confidence by Kelsey Nixon
- Notes from a Blue Bike by Tsh Oxenreider. I enjoyed this book about living simply. Readers are encouraged to set their own priorities as a family and arrange their lifestyles to reflect those priorities.
Our girls and I are still working our way through our current read aloud, David Copperfield - and they're still excited about it! They're continually asking me what's going to happen next, but I refuse to ruin the story by giving them any spoilers.
I've been reading Growing Up Duggar and am finding it so interesting! My 13-year-old got it read before I did. I'll share more of my thoughts on it in my May update.
Today I'm giving away a copy of Tsh's book Notes from a Blue Bike. There are two ways to enter.
1. Leave a comment on this post telling me the title of one of your favorite nonfiction books.
2. Share this giveaway on social media - Twitter, Google Plus, Facebook, Pinterest, etc. Leave a second comment letting me know where you shared it.
The giveaway ends at 8:00 P.M. EST on Friday, May 9th. The winner will be selected by random.org and will have seventy-two hours to respond to my e-mail notification with their contact information or risk forfeiting their prize. U.S. addresses only, please.